Thursday, February 16, 2012

You can uncross your fingers now!

I did it! The offer came through last night, so we might have opened a bottle to celebrate! I expect many more will be drunk as and when I bump into family - the next being Beatrix's birthday party, so get the 'poo out H and George!

I'll also need to be doing 5 days at a secondary school, so Clare & James I might need your help if at all possible. Although there is a secondary school next door to Jocelyn's day care, so it might be easier for me to go there. I'll check them out later on.

I'm quite nervous about the 3 month distance learning course. It's going to be an awful lot of hard work and I think I'll need to hire a cleaner, as I probably won't have the time to spend 4 hours on Saturdays cleaning my house. I might also need to borrow a Windows computer (boo, hiss) for the duration, does anyone have a spare?! I expect I'll be able to do a lot of it at work, but anything interactive or noisy won't work on our outdated internet browser here.

So there we go. Happy me! And slightly nervous me!

We have heard from the draftsman about our house, hurray. The drawings are finished and will be sent off to building regs when we've approved them. So in about 3 weeks time we will be able to start tendering for contractors. Who knows, we may start building in April!



Offer letter:

"Choice details
Institution: University of Brighton
Course
Science: Chemistry

Decision
Conditional

Offer text
This offer is subject to you obtaining:

Gain a minimum of 5 day secondary school observation. On completion a letter from school's head of department to be forwarded to Adam Morley at the University.

Successfully complete and pass 3 month distance learning SKE Chemistry at Sussex University.

This offer is subject to obtaining satisfactory Health Clearance, a satisfactory CriminalRecords Bureau (CRB) 'Enhanced Disclosure' certificate and successful registration with the General Teaching Council.

Reply
Firm

No comments:

Post a Comment