Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Cripes....

....I can't actually believe that it's been two weeks since I last posted on here. I've completed module 3 with 95% (but the test was very, very easy) and have broken the back of the home study modules with only two left to do before my two weeks at university.

One of the stranger things I have to write at the end of each module is called a 'Reflection', in which I have a side of A4 to review the results of the various tests I have to take and compare them at the start and finish of each module, and 'reflect' up on my learning style and studying ability. It's the last part that I have had trouble with...I spent 4 years at university studying, and aside from a few minor (rather obvious) suggestions such as making sure I set aside time when I won't be disturbed, writing crib cards etc, I'm pretty sure that my study technique is top notch (cue sound of one blowing one's trumpet).

For my last 'reflection' I wrote about trying to think more about my thought processes while I am learning, to try to capture them on paper and simplify them so that another person could read my notes and come to the same conclusions that I did.

Now....does anyone have any ideas for what I can put in the next two 'reflections'? I feel I'm scraping the barrel here and have all but run out of ideas. 3 sets of 2 'study targets' needed please.

Module 4 is all about kinetics and equilibria, which means maths with a little bit of physics thrown in. I don't think I'm going to like this one very much and my calculator has been enjoying his rest at the bottom of my 'school bag'. I have a large pile of powerpoint notes to use in conjunction with my video study - the size of which is already depressing me despite the fact that I print them off for free at work. No hang on, that actually does make me feel a little bit better. Free stuff does cheer one up somewhat.

I have also been busy picking doors and handles and a kitchen and flooring and all sorts for the new house. I swear that Darryl never stops working. He is also a complete slave driver, so if anyone wants to pick a wood burning stove plus fire surround plus mantelpiece plus tiles for the utility room floor plus tiles for a kitchen splashback and some carpets and kitchen flooring and what colour render and.....and breathe......then please do. Really. Do.

No comments:

Post a Comment