Thursday, March 8, 2012

The books have started to arrive

I ordered all my recommended course textbooks from Amazon this week. Thankfully Amazon also sell second hand books, so I managed to save myself a great deal of money on the 11 textbooks I am expected to own. Yes, 11 books to read. I expect that instead of writing this blog, I will be spending my afternoons reading and trying to absorb facts that I haven't re-visited for the best part of 14 years. Crikey. I'm not entirely sure I understood it all back then, so this is going to be a fun and probably very steep re-learning curve! And all in the interests of creating a future generation of interested scientists. Children today (or in a couple of years time anyway) have never had it so good...

The titles of these books range from the mundane (Advanced Chemistry For You) to the bizarre (Molecules at an Exhibition: Portraits of Intriguing Materials in Everyday Life). So if anyone is desperate to learn about Mendeleyev's Dream: The Quest for the Elements, please let me know.

No comments:

Post a Comment